Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blue's Spring Gathering 2013

Phew! I can finally breathe again!

I have been super busy preparing for my first big show.  It was Saturday, April 27th, in Creal Springs, Illinois.  I can guarantee that you all have never heard of Creal Springs, but the Blue family puts on one heck of an outdoor vintage/antique/primitive market twice a year...right on their front lawn!

There was more than 85 vendors and over 2,000 shoppers despite the chilly, rainy weather.  A great time was had by all!  The Gathering even made the local evening news.


I met many wonderful people and I'd like to welcome you all to my blog and to my Facebook page.  For those who were unable to attend, I thought I would share some pictures of my booth.  Forgive my cell phone pictures.


The crowds were lined up early to get in the gate.




And pictures of my booth.













I had a great first show!  Nearly all of my pieces sold and I received many compliments on my work.  It was just the ego boost I needed to feel like I'm doing the right thing by starting this little business.

Be sure to stop by and show a little love to Blue's Junk & Primitives and tell Gail I sent you!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you! I think I NEED that little blue table with the drawer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn!! That little blue table was one of the first pieces to go. Actually all of my aqua/turquoise pieces sold first. It's a popular color this year!

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Share with me!!