Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Luckett's Green

This is just a quick post to show off a piece that I recently finished using Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Luckett's Green.  

When I purchased this piece, it was covered in two different colors of spray paint.  A bright blue was covered with black and then distressed with the blue showing through.  Definitely not my style.  

I knew I wanted to try to stain the top if at all possible.  My husband set to work trying to strip the old paint off with a heat gun.  Usually the paint hardens and chips right off.  This time it was a gummy, sticky mess. Yuck!  So we busted out the Zinsser Magic Strip Citrus Action.  Hands-down the best stripper out there!




I stained the top with Minwax Dark Walnut and finished it with several coats of wipe-on poly.  I painted the base of the table with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Luckett's Green.  I wanted this piece to have some natural distressing, so I did NOT use the bonding agent when I mixed it up.  I finished it off with Miss Mustard Seed's Hemp Oil.

Isn't this just a lovely color?  It reminds me of Spring and we surely need a little Spring weather around here.




Do you like a chippy, distressed look or do prefer a solid finish?




Be sure to follow The Painted Chest!


************************************************************************

Linking up to the following parties:


Furniture Feature Fridays Tickled Pink at 504 Main



4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the shape of this little table! Great makeover! I don't have a lot of distressed furniture in my own home, but I paint and sell mostly distressed furniture so I have the best of both. ;)

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela! I typically do light distressing on most of my pieces whether I sell or keep. I was kind of hoping to see this piece chip a little more than it did. But that's the way it goes with Milk Paint, it's always a surprise! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty color! I stick more to light distressing but have been dying to do a chippy piece with milk paint. I just know it's not going to come out the way I want it to. Milk Paint has a mind of its own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you can do is give it a try. That's the nice thing about Milk Paint, all you have to do is paint over with a little bonding agent the next time. Love this stuff!

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Share with me!!