Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The storm

Today, we are about to have a devastating storm. The weathermen and EMA have been trying to prepare us for the last 24 hours. This is expected to be bigger than the storm that wiped out Joplin, Missouri. I'm terrified. Terrified to tears. The Inland Hurricane that we experienced on May 8, 2009, won't have anything on this storm. That was the scariest day of my life. I feel so helpless and out of control right now. I'm sure this may seem melodramatic to some, but my fear is very real.

We have nowhere to go in our house. Every room has windows and we do not have a basement. Not that it matters anyway because they say that no bathtub or interior room will save us. I am packing up as many necessities as I can. We will be going to a friend's house across town and getting in their basement. It's an older home, I hope it holds up. I still haven't asked if we can bring our dogs. I just can't leave them behind. Daisy has been with me for 14 long years. We have been advised that we are to seek shelter throughout the entire night as the storm will be coming in waves. By Thursday afternoon everything should be over and we can come out.

Please say a prayer for us and everyone in our area. Let's this all be a bad dream.

~Tricia

1 comment:

I love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Share with me!!