Friday, June 21, 2013

Duncan Phyfe Chair Makeover

I have a problem.  I am obsessed with Duncan Phyfe and pressed back chairs.  I'm drawn to them like a moth to a flame.  I don't know if it is those great curvy legs, the lovely design carved into the seat backs, or the endless fabric options for the seat cushions.  I just know that I LOVE them!

I recently finished a Duncan Phyfe chair for a very special cause.  A local family recently lost 4 of their children, their home, and all of their belongings in a tragic fire.  The community has really rallied around this family and they are having a huge fundraising benefit for them this weekend.

I refinished this chair to donate to the silent auction.  I'm hoping the trendy chevron and the yellow and grey combo will attract many bidders.  This chair was painted in Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan in Paris Grey.


I just love all of the detail in this piece.  From the fun swirls in the back to the channels down the fronts of the legs.




A light distressing and a fun yellow chevron print fabric make this piece new again without forgetting where she came from.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our thoughts and prayers go to the Owen family during this very difficult time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Linking up to:

Furniture Feature Fridays


DIY Show Off

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for share......The chair with its 4-wheel driven back massage has a vertical development that is flexible for rubbing your neck to bring down back. The shiatsu style of spinal moving backstretch, plying, vibrations, with the programmed mode furnishes you multi-useful programmed massages with fluctuating blend strategies from your entire body to disconnected regions of your neck, shoulders, neck, midsection, and back. If you want to know more, please check it out Massage Chairs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your contents are more then sufficient for me.
    calculator

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Share with me!!