Monday, June 24, 2013

SASS


Today I'm doing something a little different here on the blog.  I'm joining my friend, Melissa, in a new blog meme that she has started called SASS. Melissa is a wife, a mom of 4 and a Shaklee Independent Distributor. Somewhere in the mix of running kids to dance practice, band performances, and running her home-based business, Melissa kind of lost herself.  She decided it was time to do a little something for herself each week and she is encouraging other busy moms to do the same.

SASS doesn't have to be something big.  It could be getting a pedicure or spending an hour alone reading a book, or buying that new fingernail polish that just came out.  How many times do we moms forego something simple for ourselves and treat our children to something instead?  Now is the time to treat yourself!  After all, we deserve a little treat from time to time too.

My SASS for the week is a new mirror for my bedroom.  My bedroom is probably the most neglected room in the house.  I painted the walls about 4 years ago and haven't done anything since.  While strolling through Lowes the other day, I just had to stop and check out the clearance cart.  You just never know what you will find that you can repurpose.

Well lucky me, I found this mirror.  Even better, it was only $10!!



I just love walking down the hallway and catching a glimpse of it as I walk by.


So tell me, what will your SASS be this week?  What are you doing just for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linking up to:



6 comments:

  1. I love it!! $10? I love it even more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It was $10 on clearance! It's pretty big too at 2 feet wide. I think I got one heck of a deal!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to check our clearance section for one! I love cute, big, cheap stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My store had 3 of them the day I bought mine but I was in there yesterday (3 trips in less than a week) and they sold out.

      Delete
  3. I really like your mirror! You could spray paint it any color you want for that price.... WOW!!! It looks great in your hallway.
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine! I wish I could have had the chance to stop in your shop before you closed. Peggy had told me about your shop on one of my first trips to New Art Legacies to buy Annie Sloan paint. I would have stopped in that day, but my son was getting a fever and very crabby that day. I wish you well on your move to Texas!!!

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Share with me!!