Friday, July 11, 2014

Waterfall Dresser painted in Laurentien


This dresser just couldn't decide what color it was going to wear.  I didn't have a vision for it when I bought it.  I started painting it with a coat of Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Tricycle red.  Then I decided I would do a hemp oil resist and paint the final coat in Kitchen Scale.  Going for a two-toned, chippy look of Tricycle and Kitchen Scale.  But that didn't feel right either.  It sat in my living room unfinished for nearly 4 months! Gah!


While in Wisconsin for a Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint retailer training at The Ironstone Nest, I picked up a can of Homestead House Paint Company's acrylic furniture paint in Laurentien.  (Side note:  Homestead House is the manufacturer for Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint.)

Laurentien is a beautiful, soft, minty-turquoise.  It looks different in different lighting.  I was really itching to try this paint, so I pulled out the waterfall dresser and got to work.  Wow! This color was made for that dresser!


I loved the original pulls on it, but they were showing their age and needed a little update.  They received a coat of Rust-Oleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze.


Is it bad that I really want to keep it?  I'd be in trouble if I kept every piece I love...and that's many!  So, this one is for sale.





Be sure to follow The Painted Chest!





2 comments:

  1. Chainsaw sharpener are still an essential aspect of raising the life of a chainsaw. You are able to elect for stihl two in 1 chainsaw sharpener since it's best. Timberline chainsaw sharpener is a great alternate. You can see for many more choices from this elaborated guide:Chainsaw Sharpeners
    Chainsaw Sharpener



    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very similar dresser that is calling out to be painted this color. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Share with me!!