Friday, July 18, 2014

How to make Rag Bunting

So I got sucked into the time warp that is Hobby Lobby yesterday.  I'm getting my workshop room ready to host my first Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint workshop.  It's just a plain room with white walls and I felt like it needed a little pop of color.  I decided to whip up a cute rag bunting with some fun, colorful fabrics.

I picked out 4 coordinating fabrics and had a half a yard of each one cut.


I made a small cut in the edge of the fabric and then tore the fabric into strips.  My strips were approximately 1" wide.  Some were a little wider.  I was okay with that.  My fabric strips were 18" long.

I folded them in half and tied them to some jute twine that I already had on hand. After the fabric was tied on, it hung approximately 8 1/2 to 9" long.


Don't laugh, but I used 2 paint cans to hold my twine on my desk so I could tie the fabric on it. :)  That's why you see all of the wires in the background.  You could easily tie it between 2 chairs or something similar, but sitting at my desk seemed like as good a place as any.

You can make your rag bunting as long or as short as you would like.  I decided to stop mine at 3 feet long.  I still have plenty of fabric strips left over to make another small bunting.



These rag buntings are super easy to make and really make a big statement.  You can hang them above your bed, a gallery wall, in a child's room, use in coordination with birthday party decor, etc.  The possibilities are endless!!





 Be sure to follow The Painted Chest!


1 comment:

I love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Share with me!!