Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tricycle Red Wardrobe Makeover

Time flies when you are having fun, right?  Well, I must be having a blast. ;)

I'm going to do a little catching up on pieces that I've painted the last couple of months that I've yet to post about.  So let's start with this antique wardrobe.



It had good bones, but the finish was less than stellar.  The veneer was starting to bubble and lift in several places and that had to be removed.  We have tried many of the tricks out there to remove veneer, and we find that using a heat gun with a scraper is the easiest way.



The client wanted this piece painted with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Tricycle red with lots of chippiness and some of the natural wood showing.

This piece is so old and the wood was so dry, that even with a Hemp Oil resist, I got very little chipping.



I did a light distressing on all the places that would receive the usual wear and tear from daily use.


I finished the piece in Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint Furniture Wax and Antiquing Wax.  The drawers and the tops are stained in Minwax Dark Walnut and sealed with Wipe-On Poly.


The bright red really make this a statement piece in a room.  I also love that it still has the original key.  



Are you a fan of a two-toned finish or do you prefer a solid color?






Linking up to the following parties:





Be sure to follow The Painted Chest!


4 comments:

  1. I love the red; I prefer red that has an undertone of blue in it like MMS Tricycle. What a great looking dresser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I visited your blog and you have refinished many nice pieces!

      Delete
  2. Effortlessly these pages will likely definitely probably become well-known concerning several sites people, for the careful content or even thoughts. kids tricycle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy a suit online with all kinds of popular fashion suits like women’s, you can find a description of the search speed that resides in the mail account in your account and similar registration of your personality Men's 3 Piece Suits

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Share with me!!